flav playing

flav playing

Monday, August 14, 2006

ripples

the dream was a very long one, I woke up several times. In it I was locked away in a house in Caracas with my childhood friend E., who still looked pretty much the same as when we were 15 and he was the heartthrob of all the girls and I was the plain sidekick. I even remember the custard colour shirt he was wearing as one of the ones he used to have then. He started by being very friendly, then slowly he started acting and talking in a demented, threatening fashion, increasingly so, with me more and more nervous as he got more agitated. At some point he put a knife to my throat and said 'Are you scared,then? You don't want to play with knives? Here's yours.... ' and produced another equally scary blade which he handed to me while sweeping the air with his, and pointing it to me with little stabbing movements.

I managed to get out of the house but he was after me. In some improbable way I ran into some neighbours and explained the situation, they then set E. up, trapped him and called the police, he absolutely foaming at the mouth, me relieved but still scared -and now almost fully aware that this wasn't real life, but at the same time incapable of breaking through the mist of the dream...

No comments: